During my MSc degree studies, I decided to get my first job in IT field. I started with an internship in a small 3-month project for Inter-tel company.
INTER-TEL used MS Excel files as main documents to store information about orders. Depending on the type of the service, the forms looked slightly different. Moreover, even the same service could, unfortunatelly, also had different fields by a result of removing unused fields and/or adding new type of information.
The idea was to create an application which reads the MS Excel files, moves all data to the database and recreates MS Excel files' content in a form of MS Access's forms.
The solution was made in 3 major steps: